Not all property owners know how to choose the right roofing material.
Choosing the best roofing material for your home is crucial, especially in Savannah where the weather can be quite unpredictable and extreme.
A sturdy and reliable roof not only protects your home from the elements but also adds to its overall aesthetics and value.
When it comes to roofing options, shingle and metal are two popular choices due to their durability and suitability for the local climate.
So in this blog, let’s discuss these two options and the various factors you should consider. This way, you will be able to make an informed decision about which roofing material is the best for your home.
Best Roofing Material Options
1. Shingle Roofing
Asphalt shingles are a common and reliable choice for residential roofing in Savannah. They offer various benefits that make them suitable for the local climate and aesthetics.
- Versatility: Shingle roofing comes in a wide range of colors and styles. This versatility allows you to choose a shingle that complements the architectural design and aesthetics of your home.
- Cost-Effective: Asphalt shingles are an affordable roofing option. This cost-effectiveness is a significant advantage, especially if you’re looking for a reliable roofing solution without breaking the bank.
- Heat Resistance: Savannah’s climate can be incredibly hot, and asphalt shingles offer excellent heat resistance. They are designed to endure high temperatures without deteriorating quickly.
- Wind Resistance: Shingles can also be manufactured with high wind resistance ratings. In a region that occasionally experiences strong winds and even hurricanes, this can be a crucial consideration on how to choose the right roofing material.
- Reflective Coatings: Some shingles come with reflective coatings. In a place like Savannah, where keeping the interior of your home cool during scorching summer months is essential, these coatings can help reduce the amount of heat absorbed by your roof.
2. Metal Roofing
Metal roofing is another popular choice in Savannah, and it offers some distinct advantages over traditional shingle roofs.
- Durability: Metal roofs are incredibly durable and can last for several decades, often 50 years or more, with minimal maintenance. In a climate where heat and humidity can be challenging for the structural integrity of a roof, this durability is a significant advantage.
- Energy Efficiency: Metal roofs have excellent energy efficiency. They naturally reflect sunlight, which helps in keeping your interior temperatures stable. This not only makes your home more comfortable but also reduces the need for excessive air conditioning, leading to lower energy bills.
- Non-Combustible: Metal roofing is non-combustible. This is especially crucial in Savannah, where the risk of wildfires can increase during the hot and dry summer months. Having a non-combustible roof can be an added layer of safety.
Factors to Consider on How to Choose the Right Roofing Material
- Budget: First and foremost, assess your budget. Determine how much you’re willing to invest in your roof. This budget will help you narrow down your options.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Consider the architectural style of your home. The roofing material you choose should enhance the visual appeal of your house and complement its overall design.
- Longevity: Think about the lifespan of the different roofing materials. In Savannah, where the climate can be harsh, having a durable roof that can withstand the challenges of the region is essential. Metal roofing typically offers a longer lifespan compared to traditional roofing materials.
- Maintenance Requirements: Different roofing materials have varying maintenance needs. Shingle roofs may require more frequent inspections and repairs, while metal roofs often demand less maintenance.
- Local Climate: Consider the local climate. In Savannah, this means thinking about the heat, humidity, heavy rainfall, and occasional high winds. Your roofing material should be able to handle these weather conditions effectively.
- Local Building Codes and Regulations: Be aware of local building codes and regulations. Certain materials may be more compliant with these codes, so it’s essential to ensure your choice meets these requirements.
Contact Platinum Roofing for Professional Guidance!
Whether you prefer shingle or metal roofing, Platinum Roofing has you covered. We can help you make an informed decision about how to choose the right roofing material, taking into consideration your specific needs and requirements. Not all roofing companies in Savannah GA are as thorough and detailed as we are. So call now and schedule a consultation with our experts!