Do I Need Roofing Services?
What you should know about your roof and the roofing process:
Homeowners with wood shake roofs should expect them to last about 30 years, while fiber cement shingles last about 25 years and asphalt shingle/composition roofs last about 20 years, the NAHB found. Climate and weather conditions, such as snow, hail and hurricanes, can cut the life span of all types of roofs.
Replacing a residential roof is a labor-intensive project and, depending on the type of roof, could take anywhere from a one day to a few days or more depending on the size and complexity. The time involved is substantially affected by the weather, as well.
Here are some common estimates to take into consideration for how often to replace a residential or commercial roof:
- Composition Shingles: 12-20 years.
- Asphalt Shingles: 15-30 years.
- Wood Shingles: 20-25 years.
- Rubber Roofs: 30-50 years.
- Metal Roofs: 50-75 years.
Potential signs that your roof may need to be replaced:
- Shingle edges are curled or shingle tabs are cupped. …
- Bald spots where granules are missing.
- Cracked shingles. …
- Your roof is at least 20 years old; while many shingles today are produced for durability, many factors can accelerate the aging of shingles.